Tuesday 13 October 2009

It's sad, though

I reckon it strucks me because, as probably most people of my age, I had watched him on TV for years and years when I was a kid, sitting in front of the telly in the morning waiting for Kinght Rider (Supercar in Italy) and Baywatch, working out these absurd ideas about how cool California was and planning to go there and get a job as a lifeguard. Those dreams are long gone, as well as David "Mitch Buchannon" Hasselhoff soulshine. After a brilliant takeoff with the famous TV series and a parallel involvment in music (with hits such as "Du" and "Looking for Freedom"), his star started shaking more and more, giving way to a slow but relentless decline of both his film career and personal life. Last week hospitalization in Capio Nightingale Hospital in London for ethyl coma after a heavy drinking session is the last of many boxing matches fought between the actor and his alcohol abuse. Hasselhoff is the incarnation of the artist who first jumped to the sky and then fell without any hooks to hang to.
I believe I can speak for many of those who watched him and sincerely hope he finds his wave again soon, after too much time of uncertainty.

1 comment: