Friday 16 October 2009

I hate burocracy pt.2

Just when you start feeling a little bit calm and settled, that's when you do the major mistake: you think that eventually everything is going the right way and there is nothing left out of place, after so much initial effort. If you reckon that, well, then you are bloody WRONG! This morning I received an email from the finance department, telling me that the expiry date for settling my financial situation with the university was close and "recommending" to do it as soon as possible. NO, FORMS AGAIN! But i just thought: "I perfectly remember to have done this in my first week here, almost a month ago; it took a whole morning, course I remember it!." And by the way, the mail was highly criptical, not saying anything in particular, just reminding the deadline without actually stating what my situation was. In full, a pointless email.
I promptly answered, as my instinct started poking in the back of my head whispering "be ware, rain's coming", then I just called trying to get some detailed info. Guess what? The forms I filled are not there, nobody has ever heard about me, nor there is any visible sign of any previous attempt to settle my financial situation in the last 10,000 years. (So whom I talked to? Was I dreaming about filling forms?) I was quickly heathing up, but after a few growls and swearwords through gritted teeth, I managed to settle the whole thing at the phone (once again). It looks like I have a normal financial statement now (I had it a month ago, i swear), and I am waiting for a REAL letter to confirm it.
Is there a place in this holy land of god with absolutely no burocracy and forms? If yes, feel free to post it here, with a google map initerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment