Monday 30 November 2009

S.O.S. "too much rain"

Firstly, I have to say that I like rain. Yeah, I really do.
When I was younger I hated it, maybe because my only means of tranport was my motorbike, and when I was out it statistically rained almost every time. If in winter, every time.
Things changed with the discovery of the driver licence and, consequently, the car. Rain became more intriguing, sometimes even inspiring, though still wet and falling from the sky above.
Nonetheless, enough is enough. Cardiff population has been experiencing 4 weeks of almost endless rainfalls. Tipically British rain, on and off on and off; much worse if it is windy, and, believe me, wind is something Wales does not lack.
I am taking count of all the broken umbrellas left in the street.

Umbrella's death toll so far: 12 casualties. Authorities fear it may rise sharply, as the moonsoon season is not over yet.

An emergency number will be set up as soon as possible, for the families of the victims to get in contact with the authorities.

3 comments:

  1. "non può piovere per sempre" cit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after the rain comes sun...pazienza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, yesterday and today it almost didn't rain. maybe it ended...lol we have to be optimists, right?

    ReplyDelete